[tkined] Problem while loading mib files

Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw at agitator.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Mon Nov 18 14:47:17 CET 2002

>>>>> Arvind Shukla writes:

Arvind> We are facing problem while loading RFC 1212-SMI file.  using
Arvind> scotty(ver 3.0.0).

Arvind> Are there some restrictions ?

Arvind> Content of RFC 1212 mib file:

---------------------------------
RFC-1212 DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

END
---------------------------------

Arvind> Appreciate early response / pointers to solve this problem.

(1) RFC 1212 does not define an ASN.1 module.
(2) The parser is obviously too stupid to handle an empty module
    correctly.
(3) Since the module is empty, just do not load it.

Arvind> **************************Disclaimer**************************************************

Arvind>  Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to
Arvind> Wipro Limited is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended
Arvind> for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
Arvind> addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or
Arvind> dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL in
Arvind> any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

This is a public mailing list. I am not sure whether this disclaimer
is useful on a public mailing list. So please turn this off.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>