[tkined] Getting MAC address off Cisco Switch

Jan.Klingel at edag-us.com Jan.Klingel at edag-us.com
Fri Oct 1 20:25:29 CEST 1999

Hi Juergen,

I know that this is not that tkined related, but I guess it is interesting for
everybody managing networks - this is why I write to the list again.

My ipNetToMediaTable looks exactly the same:

ip.ipNetToMediaTable.ipNetToMediaEntry.ipNetToMediaPhysAddress.2.192.9.70.99 =
OCTET STRING:  Hex: 08 00 69 0B B0 28

This is one port (2) out of 28. The switch is not able to learn all MAC
addresses on all of the ports - I wonder why?

Best regards

Jan
---cut---

Jan> Hi there,

Jan> I try to get recognized MAC addresses off a Cisco 1900A switch,
Jan> firmware V5.34. I have 28 ports, but only 7 ports have a MAC
Jan> address assigned to when I browse
Jan> at.atTable.atEntry.atPhysAddress.PORT.1. Most other MAC addresses
Jan> (but not all) are assigned to the network uplink port 26. How
Jan> come? This is with all my switches... some switches have more,
Jan> some switches have less MAC addresses...

I don't know about your switches. But you should definately look at
the ipNetToMediaTable. The atTable is obsolete for many many years
now.

/js

--
<schoenw at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks