[tkined] 2.1.10 researched problem,help

mgcook at ic.delcoelect.com mgcook at ic.delcoelect.com
Thu Jan 7 18:11:47 CET 1999

I have researched the tnm losing connection problem through
the archives, and the only solution I have found it to uninstall
my tcl/tk 8.0.4 and install 8.0  But It looks like the source
for tcl is not gonna change in updated version as they say
it is not a bug for the Tcl_notifychannel problem.

I am reading what Viktor Dukhovni has replied to Juergen Schoenwaelder
in that he proposes a fix:

"to call Tcl_RegisterChannel((Tcl_Interp*)NULL, channel)  in your code,
and call Tcl_UnregisterChannel() instead of Tcl_Close() to close the
channel."

I have no Tcl/tk experience but i could enter this in the code but I am
trying to find out where.
I installed tcl/tk 8.0.4 and scotty 2.1.10.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have read all archived threads.